4.03.2014

Little update

Things have been pretty quiet lately with our adoption process.  Not much has changed over the last few months, we are still hanging out at about #34 on our agencies wait list.  I did hear that a staff member is back in Ethiopia for the next few weeks so I'm praying that some movement might happen when she returns.

I would love more then anything to get "the call" asap, but this wait has also brought me a strange sense of peace.  It's allowed our family time to save and prepare.  It's also allowed all of our kiddos to get that much older and prepare in their own little ways for the new sister we hope to have in our family someday.  Luke's process was very fast and much of the time I felt all consumed by it, even if I wasn't showing it.  This time, day to day life goes on because we just have know idea how long of a wait we may be in for.

As we wait, I am sometimes reminded why we are in process again.  Luke gave me an unexpected reminder this morning.  He was upstairs with Ryan and I when out of the blue he says "mommy why am I brown?"  Then asked again.  I was silent trying to allow him to get all his thoughts out.  I then asked "what do you mean?"  Then he gently touched my shoulder and said, "I want to be like Noah.  Why am I the only one in our family that is brown?"  It broke my heart.  I want him to be proud of his beautiful dark brown skin, so proud.   I know many younger siblings want to be like their older ones, Luke tries to dress like Noah all the time.  Something was telling me this was much more.  Many times he tells me how much he loves his big tummy, strong arms and black curly hair.  Yet I know as he gets older, as he does even at 4 noticed we aren't all the same.  I pray that he will always feel comfortable no matter how old he is, talking to Ryan and I about issues of race, his birth country and birth family.  We want him to always be proud!


Thank you also for all your support to our Lifesong and Village to Village accounts!  We are so blessed by your generosity!!  We still have a long ways to go, but we finally passed the halfway mark for our Village to Village account.  Whooo hoooo!  In addition, if you could please pray for the Hand In Hand matching grant we just applied for.  I know it's a long shot, but as we have witnessed before in this process you just never know what He might have in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment